Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WAY BACK MACHINE, circa 2006

Before Josh, I never knew:

* That my heart would swell, Grinch-style every time he smiles at me.
* That I would be secretly pleased when only Mommy can stop him from crying.
* That sometimes I would look at him and burst into tears because I'm so lucky.
* That feeling your baby roll and flutter inside you is an indescribably joy.
* That seeing your husband hold your baby would make you fall in love with him again.
* That your parents have been waiting their whole lives for this!
* That true contentment is an infant nuzzled against your chest.
* That it would be so much fun to say "Boo Boo" and touch your baby's nose a thousand times in a row.
* That I would thank God every night.
* The wonderful feeling of tiny fingers grasping mine.
* That I really would love him more each day.
* That hearing him laugh and watching him learn new things would be the greatest moments of my life.

No comments: