Saturday, January 3, 2009

NYR

My New Year's Resolutions (for perusal & ridicule)

1. To make a daily effort to focus on joy. OK, this isn't exactly measurable, but mood certainly follows perception and it's so easy to forget your bliss.
2. To cease & desist in my dozen-cookie-a-day habit... the holidays are over, man! South Beach is a callin'. And I'm about 25# over wedding weight!
3. To recycle whenever possible, even though the recycle bins are damn near 20 feet from the actual garbage --save the planet! And get fit while doing it!
4. To actually live within our budget --that means no charge card, no depleting savings, no pilfering from the kids' accounts (how'd they get so rich, anyway?). This should also help goal #2, as my addictions aren't cheap!
5. To just relax! ie, Focus on the kids' smiling faces at the park, rather than launching an attack of photography (Look at Mommy, Josh! Look at Mommy! Look! JOSH!!!)
6. To go to church weekly, unless we're out of town, have out of town guests, or are sick. It's either important, or it's not.
7. To entertain at least monthly in some capacity.
8. To increase my volunteering --and in a way that Josh & Cara can witness & as a result, be oh, so inspired.
9. To leave Eric with a prepared, healthy (if not delicious) dinner and bathed kids when I leave to teach each evening.
10. To embrace my flaws --I am the one who is still sewing Halloween costumes as guests are arriving for the party; who comes up with her lesson plans while driving to class; who wipes Cara's nose on her sleeve and then doesn't change her shirt; who notices the dirt under the toy box everyday --but never actually cleans it; who... oh, you get the picture.

And if nothing else, how's this: In 2009, I will at least moisturize.

No comments: